“All students in the West Covina Unified School District will develop to their fullest potential—intellectually, academically, and artistically—through a rigorous program that integrates sequential standards-based Visual and Performing Arts instruction and is connected to and supported by the community.”
Hollencrest Middle School Music Fundraiser Is Underway!
Hello Parents and Students,
The Hollencrest Music Department’s annual Cherrydale catalog fundraiser is starting tomorrow. The goal for our fund raisers is to help provide the most complete musical and educational experience possible for our Music students. Many of our performance and educational opportunities are only possible with these fundraisers.
Our goal is to raise $10,000.00 for essential programs not currently funded through traditional means.
To get started, please follow the registration steps below:
- Register as soon as possible at www.ShopFund.com. An envelope with detailed instructions (and catalogs) is included.
- Share custom support links with family & friends via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Email, Text and more.
- Set a Student Goal of 10 Online Supporters. (Remember – we’re not just “selling stuff.: We’re asking families, friends and community to “help our program!”)
REGISTER-SHARE-WIN: Sharing gets you tickets for chances to win over $100,000 in instant prizes.
- How To Videos - (https://vimeo.com/showcase/
- Kick-Off Videos - (https://vimeo.com/showcase/
- Parent Letter - (https://www.
cherrydalebackoffice.com/ fundraisers/ parentletterpreview.aspx? parent=1&opid=od8ppfy%26n% 237kk1m)
- Prize Program - (https://bit.ly/3qbqZyM)
What we can provide with YOUR help:
- Pay for bus transportation and entry fees to future Music Department events.
- Re-hire and retain David Knight, our Choir accompanist.
- Purchase new instruments, supplies and accessories.
- Purchase new band uniforms.
- Purchase new choral concert wear.
- Help Music Department families in need with supplies, accessories and performance shirts so that all students have the opportunity to participate.
- Hire guest musicians to conduct classes and clinics for our students.
- Bring in specialists (piano accompanist, marching and drum major coaches, Color Guard instructor) to work with our students.
Let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for your support.
Recommended music stores are listed below:
Singer Music - 1217 N. Hacienda Blvd., La Puente 91744 - (626)917-9300
Brushstroke Music (formerly San Dimas Music) - 572 W. Arrow Highway, San Dimas 91773 - (909)592-2600
(The Band Handbook will let you know what you need!)
Advanced Band 2: Superior rating at La Canada SCSBOA Festival; Unanimous Superior Rating at Baldwin Park SCSBOA Festival
Advanced Band 1: Superior rating at La Canada SCSBOA Festival; Unanimous Superior Rating at Baldwin Park SCSBOA Festival
Jazz Band: 3rd Place (and Excellent rating) at South Hills Jazz Festival
Choir: Excellent Rating at SCVA Festival in Fullerton
Jazz Band: Excellent Rating at Coronado JazzFest; Outstanding Soloist Awards: Tyler Nguyen and Nick Prado